I make this veggie frittata all the time, in one variation or another.
This one has a layer of sliced potato on the bottom, so it’s more filling. 🙂
Ingredients below are for a one person serving in a ceramic oven dish ( I got mine from Poundland). You can double up this recipe for 2 or quadruple it for 4 if you like. 🙂
- 3 eggs
- dash of milk
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 medium mushroom
- half a potato thinly sliced
- Half a red bell pepper
- half a medium red onion
- sprinkle of mild grated cheese
- half a tomato sliced
- smoked paprika (literally my favourite spice after garlic)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees ( fan assisted).
- Add the thinly sliced potato to an ovenproof dish and put in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Fry off the onion,mushrooms & bell pepper until soft
- Take the potato out and transfer the veg to the dish.
- Whisk the egg, milk, salt & pepper, paprika and grated cheese and pour over the veg
- Lay the sliced tomato on top
- sprinkle some more paprika and a little cheese on top
- Put in the oven and cook for 25 minutes
TIP: I find that cooking the frittata covered with foil for about 15 minutes stops it from burning on top while the middle cooks, then take the foil off for the last 10 minutes.
Also, deep filled frittatas can sometimes be softer in the middle, so make sure you test it by putting a knife into the middle and seeing if it comes out clear (just like a cake). Just cook it a little longer if it’s not ready.
You can add meat to these too like cooked chicken or bacon, and you can have them at any time of day. I think they’d be lovely on a morning if you have the time. You could always make it the night before and reheat it too!
I’d love to know what variations you make with your frittata because I like to change my recipes up all the time. 🙂