Why hello my little squishy pets of loveliness! (Sorry, trying something new)
As it’s Wednesday, I would ordinarily be going to Slimming World; however, if you read my post on Monday, you’ll know that I’m taking a break.
So, instead of sitting in image therapy for an hour, I thought I would do my own little Tasha therapy here.
Here are my Top 10 things I love doing now I’m 9 stone lighter
- Being able to shop anywhere and buy something in my size
- Wearing some of my old size 24 clothes and loving the snugglyness
- The ability to walk uphill at a moderate pace without breaking a sweat
- Learning to cook new meals and choosing new ingredients to spice them up!
- No longer having ‘aggressive boobs’ as my step daughter puts it
- Able to sleep on my back without feeling claustrophobic
- I can actually plank for 1 minute 30 seconds now..WTF!
- Feeling like a normal person who isn’t being stared at everywhere she goes
- Being able to wear fitting clothes and not hide my figure
All of these combined make me feel like a new person; I love being able to walk down my local high street and not feel the dread that I used to feel wondering what people thought as I walked past. The constant pulling down of my top and pulling up of my jeans to make sure my belly wasn’t hanging out. Never having to worry about getting left behind whilst out walking with a friend or sibling, now I’m in front! Being able to shop anywhere I like and able to buy anything off the peg, even Topshop (their clothes are horribly expensive and I will never purchase from them at those prices however!).
I finally feel normal, whatever that’s supposed to be. I only ever wanted to look like everyone else, and, I know that’s the wrong way of putting it because I embrace individuality as much as the next person. But I felt like I stuck out and was an eyesore; I felt apologetic for looking the way I did and no one should ever feel that way.
I am learning to love myself and everything that I have in the present time, rather than thinking, ‘I’ll be happy when…’. It doesn’t work that way, we have to take the good with the bad and appreciate what we have already, not what we hope to have in the future.
So, in my current state, I love my waist, my eyes, my smile and I love my ever growing confidence that I can wear what I want and not feel silly.
What do you appreciate about yourself right now?