So I made the Slimming World Lasagne and it tastes like heaven! Mind you, anything with cheese always does. 🙂
I pretty much followed the recipe exactly (which I never do), but naturally, I like a little bit extra spice, so added a bit more chilli.
The full recipe is here: https://www.slimmingworld.co.uk/recipes/beef-lasagne.aspx
But if you can’t be bothered to click the link, here’s what you need:
- 500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 courgette, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g passata
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs (I use more)
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 500g fat free natural yogurt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- A pinch of nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 dried lasagne sheets
- 160g reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika and half tsp chilli powder
- Fry off your mince on a medium heat with the garlic, onion, pepper, courgettes until browned.
- Add the passata,tomatoes, herbs,seasoning, chilli and paprika. Stir in and simmer for about 10 mins.
- In a bowl mix the yoghurt, nutmeg and eggs and season with S n P.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees c and get your lasagne casserole dish (you can see the sort of size I’ve used).Spray it with Frylight.
- Layer half your beef mixture, then lasagne sheets,then yoghurt on top,and then do this again. Sprinkle with cheese and bang it in the oven for about half an hour and that’s it!
One thing I disagree with though is, the recipe says it serves 4, but I would say it’s more like 6 because the portions really are massive,especially if you’re serving the lasagne with something else, rather than just in a bowl on its own.
But I’d definitely make this again because it’s just so easy, and I love EASY recipes.