This is possibly the easiest new recipe I have ever made, ever!
It’s in one of the Hairy Bikers’ Hairy Dieters books that I got for Christmas, so I thought I’d share it with you.
- 150grams porridge oats
- 20g coconut oil/butter
- 2tbsp maple syrup (or honey)
- handful of dried fruits of your choice (I used cranberries and raisins)
- handful of flaked almonds
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- Heat a frying pan with 20g coconut oil/butter and 2 tbsp maple syrup, stir until melted.
- Add the oats and stir until coated in the oil/syrup/butter mix.
- Flatten out the oats in the pan and leave for 20 seconds, then stir through. Continue this until the oats are a golden brown colour and smell nutty. Should take about 5 mins.
- Add your dried fruits, flaked almonds and sunflower seeds and stir for a few more minutes.
- Take off the heat and spread out on a plate to cool for 5 minutes.
- Put into a mason jar and use as needed! 🙂
I don’t have bowls of granola for my breakfast as they’re so high in sugar and don’t fill me at all;
This was great to have sprinkled over my morning fruit and yoghurt and I really really enjoyed it! And this amount lasts me about 2 weeks having it for my breakfast in this way, so definitely worth giving a go in my opinion.
This recipe is especially good if, like me, you have a bit of a sweet tooth at breakfast time. Sometimes just fruit and yoghurt isn’t enough and you need a bit of extra sweet crunch. 🙂
Let me know if you try this out with other fruit/nut variations as I love to change things up with new flavours.
Happy Monday lovelies!