Hi Lovelies! Hope you’ve had a fab weekend! Mine has been nice and chilled with minimal movement as I exercised 4 times last week, so my body deserved a bit of a rest. 🙂
Right, I promised I would post this recipe, so here it is!
I made this GORGEOUS dhal the other day, as my mum’s is so tasty, I had to make it for myself!
It is literally the easiest meal you can make and is packed full of flavour!
So here’s the recipe:
- You will need:
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- Turmeric-1 tbsp
- Garlic- 1tsp ( I use more coz I LOVE IT)
- Garam Masala-1tbsp
- Chilli powder-1/4-1/2 tsp (your taste)
- Red Lentils Well Rinsed (half a bag)
- Fresh chopped Coriander
- Salt to taste
- Fry the onions until light brown, then add the tinned tomatoes, and all spices.
- Cook on a medium heat for a few minutes.
- Add the red lentils,stir, then add a pint of water and simmer for 20 mins, stirring occasionally.
- When lentils are cooked, add another teaspoon of Garam Masala and add your chopped fresh coriander right at the end before serving.
Not many ingredients and really easy to cook, this veggie weekday meal is really easy and full of flavour.
It’s really important to wash the red lentils (no need to soak as some recipes suggest) as it gets rid of all the grittiness that has gone into the bag during factory processing.
Using half a bag should make 3 meals, so a full bag you’d get from the supermarket would probs do 6, or 8 if you eat normal portions (I’m greedy).
Remember to taste the dhal while cooking, so you can add salt to taste and more chilli powder to better suit your palate.