Well hello there my little lovelies!
As I’m back from my hols and back in work mode, I thought I would treat you to a hopefully inspiring post this Autumnal Monday to get your exercise juices flowing; my exercise MUST HAVES!
This post is only intended as advice and not something you have to stick by. I just find that all these things help me when exercising or going to the gym and make it more bearable and fun! 😀
- A GOOD sports bra!– This trumps everything else put together because it means you can run faster without hurting yourself and giving yourself black eyes! I got mine from Sports Direct and have linked for you to grab one! It also helps avoid achy boobs from high impact exercises.
2. Some empowering music on your MP3 player– I love this because it makes me feel like I can do anything. My fave song at the minute is Trouble by Jennifer Hudson and Iggy Azalea; makes me feel like I own it at the gym!
3. Bottle of water-pop tops are easier to use when you need a drink in the middle of a cardio exercise and can’t use both hands (this is super hard to do while on a cross trainer, believe me!).
4. Towel to wipe your sweat from your brow and off all the equipment you use- It’s nice to be hygienic and you wouldn’t want to get on that sweat ridden bike you just witnessed the guy with the low hanging fruit hop off of now would you? Eurgh!
5. Comfy trainers that will last a while.-
I got a pair of Karrimor trainers from Sports Direct when they were on sale and they are fab!These are the ones I have and they have little holes that get air to your feet too.
6. Bobbles/Scrunchies to tie your hair up– My mum has borrowed bobbles off me a few times if she has forgotten hers so I always keep a spare just in case.
7. Face wipes to take your makeup off– Sometimes I just leave it on if I don’t have a lot on but believe me, liquid eyeliner is the devil if you sweat. Get it in your eyes and you are done for!So just to be safe, wipe your makeup off before exercising.
8. A Trolley Dolly/A spare £1 for gym goers for lockers– This only applies if you use a gym but is more valuable than real money. Trolley dollies are the best thing ever!
9. Nice Breathable/Comfy clothing–
I have a go to pair of lycra cut-offs and vest top as I get too hot with a big t-shirt on most of the time. However, if you’re not planning on running for your life and doing easier cardio, then a loose baggy top will be more comfortable to wear. I tend to get my sports wear from Sports Direct as its cheap and cheerful for exercising.I like lycra as it allows my legs to move more freely when jogging.:)
10. Positive Mental Attitude!– This is on a level par with the importance of your sports bra; without this it makes it a lot harder to focus. We all have those days where we really can’t be bothered and just want to go straight home but it’s THOSE DAYS when you have to push yourself to exercise. Big yourself up in your head if you feel fed up and tell yourself that you will feel so much better if you sweat it out a bit. You can do this, no matter how slow or fast you go, you are doing a lot more than those laid on the sofa!
Those are my exercise must haves to cover all bases when exercising.Let me know if you think of any others I’ve missed off!
Speak soon lovelies! It’s good to be back! 😉